NO RAMEN - NO LIFE

3 words: TWO TEN JACK.




This quaint spot in East Nashville is one of my absolute favorite places to eat... of all time... EVER.

You walk up to the door, not really knowing where you are. There's no big lit up sign saying "Welcome to Two Ten Jack". The Asian flair is definitely noticeable before you even enter.

Be prepared for a wait because they don't take reservations, but it's SO WORTH IT.

Once it's your turn to be seated, you'll follow the hostess to either a table, booth, or family style high top. They give you the most amazing hot towel that smells like lemon zest to wipe your hands on before you eat. (Not going to lie, I have been tempted a time or two to slap that towel right on my face for an impromptu spa night)

If it's your first time there, the menu can be a little overwhelming due to the verbiage they use, but trust me, it's all so freaking delicious.

MY FAVORITES:

To start, choose some things from the 'Small Plates' section. Go with the Crispy Brussels w/ shichimi (a Japanese spice mixture) and miso vin (a miso based vinaigrette).
THESE ARE THE BEST BRUSSEL SPROUTS I HAVE EVER TASTED.



Also in the 'Small Plates' section, you've got to try the JFC (Japanese Fried Chicken) with negi dip. I have no idea what negi dip is, but holy smokes is it tasty! The chicken is so crispy on the outside and SO JUICY on the inside. I promise, you won't regret ordering it!




After I've ordered both of those, I'm starting to fill up, so I better get to the ramen before I'm too full! Before moving to Nashville, I've never had actual, traditional style ramen. Man, was I missing out!!!

I always go with the Tori Paitan Shoyu which is chicken broth, tsukune, shoyu tare, collards, kinoko, rayu, and a soft egg. The broth is so rich and creamy, but packs a little bit of a kick!
        *An interesting fact about this place is that you can't order their ramen to-go or take your leftover ramen to-go. The broth is a bone broth, so as it sits, it congeals... so you don't really wanna take that home.



You can't go wrong with anything from this place and I HIGHLY recommend visiting!  

Go check them out at:
1900 Eastland Avenue, Suite 105
Nashville, TN 37206

Comments

Popular Posts