LET'S TACO BOUT IT

Confession time: I'm not obsessed with tacos... or any Mexican food for that matter. 


I know, I know. "Who are you? How could you? What's wrong with you?" I'm sure those are just a few of the questions racing through your mind right now.

HOWEVER,

I have found a place my soul - and stomach - loves.




I tried Bartaco right after moving to Nashville, and I'm pretty sure I immediately fell in love. It's in one of my favorites spots, the 12th South neighborhood.

I'm a sucker for crisp, clean decor, and this place does not disappoint! Especially the bar seating and the outdoor seating. It's to die for!



Ok! On to the more important things... the FOOD!

I love the ordering system they have going on. Because it's got a slight Asian flair, you fill out your order forms just like a sushi menu! They've got a list of tacos to choose from and then a list of "not tacos" to choose from! You simply put the number of how many tacos you want next to each taco and WHAM! your ordering is done! Simple, clean, and organized.



The tacos. Man, are they tasty. They aren't your typical tacos you'd order at a simple Mexican restaurant. These are creative and "palette-broadening" tacos. They are street style, so they are around 2-3 bites a piece. I usually order 3-4 tacos along with their amazing guacamole and I'm stuffed!

My favorites are the pork belly taco, which has a sweet & spicy chili sauce, pickled red onions and cilantro... HOLY PORK GOODNESS. I also love the portobello taco! For all you vegetarians out there, it's got great flavor and it's filling! It's topped with roasted poblano peppers, garlic and queso fresco! Then theres the tuna tatako! It's a lettuce wrapped taco with ancho crusted seared tuna and Asian slaw. It's light and so fresh! Definitely one to eat in between spicy tacos!



I ALMOST FORGOT! They always have a secret taco that's not on the menu. It changes every month or so. So, when you're there, don't forget to ask your server about the secret taco! Right now, it's the crispy avocado taco! You have to try it!!



Now onto cocktails

Nashville is known for their bars, speakeasy's, and classy drinking joints, but some of my favorite drinks come from this place! They make their own mezcal and serve it in a lot of their cocktails! 

You can't go wrong with their traditional bartaco margarita, but if you're like me, you like to branch out a bit! 

I recently took an out of town friend here and I decided to try something new! I ordered the smoke on the water which is their house made banhez mezcal, cappelletti aperitivo (don't ask me what it is... I have no idea!), watermelon, lemon, and mint! It basically tasted like a smoky watermelon margarita! It was very appealing to the eye too! 

My friend is a gin drinker, so she went with the reviver. Gin, cucumber, mint, mango nectar, and lime juice. I'm pretty sure we both drank these WAY too fast. They were just too good!



I love this place. I love the vibe. I love the food. I love the drinks. I love the community. 

I LOVE BARTACO! 


There are actually quite a few locations, so you don't have to come to Nashville to try it! 
(although you should definitely visit Nashville if you never have.) 

You can check out their locations, menu, ect. on their website here! 





Most of the photos from this blog, 
with exception of two of them, 
have been borrowed from their Instagram account.
You can follow them below!







Comments

Popular Posts